Veterans Can Meet With Acadiana Congressman
Third District Congressman Clay Higgins will be meeting with any interested veterans who would like to discuss their issues this week.
Higgins will be holding an outreach at the Cajun Palms Reception Hall this Thursday, April 25.
Any veterans that has an issue, concerns or questions can join Congressman Higgins this week to talk about their issues with the VA.
Some veterans find they sometimes may have difficulty getting certain benefits from the Veterans Administration, and Higgins' officer personnel cane open a file for those people needing help.
You are also encourage to attend if you have an existing case, and you need further assistance.
Congressman Higgins will be available between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Thursday.
Also in attendance at this gathering will be representative from the following agencies:
- Louisiana Workforce Commission
- Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs,
- Staff from Attorney General Jeff Landry's office
- Veterans Upward Bound from UL-Lafayette
There are a variety of topics to be covered including the following:
- You can sign up for healthcare;
- You can find out what medical benefits you are entitled to;
- You can apply to live in a State-run veteran home;
- You can register for job search services;
- You can find out about any pending VA legislation in Congress;
- You can check the status of a disability claim.
The address for Cajun Palms Recreation Hall in Breaux Bridge is 1055 North Barn Road.