Lafayette McDonalds Location Closed After Early Morning Grease Fire
Lafayette firefighters responded to an early morning blaze at a local McDonald's.
Multiple fire trucks were gathered around the McDonald's location at 812 Ambassador Caffery around 5 a.m. this morning. According to our KPEL-FM news team, initial reports indicate that a grease fire was to blame.
Damage from the grease fire was described as moderate and there were no injuries. The fast-food restaurant remained closed at the time of this post, and there is currently no time table on when the McDonald's location will reopen as they do repairs on their kitchen.
We will update this story once the McDonald's location reopens for business.