Are These the Best Salt Water Fishing Spots in Louisiana?
We aren't called the Sportsman's Paradise for nothing here in Louisiana, and we like that just fine. There are so many fun outdoor activities that it's hard to choose a favorite, but fishing always seems to be at the top of our list.
Louisiana Travel, our state tourism site, has some amazing locations for salt water fishing, and we wanted to pass them along. Although if you're a true angler, you already know about these! Have a great summer, and let us know if you have any favorites that we haven't mentioned. And don't forget to get your Louisiana fishing license ahead of time, sha!
- Cameron - where you can fish right off the beach, and crabbing is a wildly popular summertime activity for families. Also part of the unbelievably beautiful Creole Nature Trail
- Grand Isle - home to the annual International Tarpon Rodeo, and this barrier island also hosts the world’s largest extreme kayak fishing tournament, Ride the Bull
- Jean Lafitte - named after Louisiana’s most famous pirate, with great charter options, an easy drive from New Orleans, and home to the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
- Cocodrie - marshland and beaches, and a string of barrier island that are a haven for Gulf fishing close by. Also has overnight accommodations, and a great restaurant and bar for after a long day of being out on the water
- Venice - a favorite of Field and Stream Magazine, and always on the 'Best Of' lists for great freshwater, saltwater, and channel fishing