A person driving by Delta World Tire on Guilbeau Road last night noticed smoke coming from the building, and called 911. Thankfully, there are plenty of good people in the world who are willing to do something when they see smoke. This person likely saved this business even more damage by calling for help right away.

Lafayette Fire Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says when firefighters got to the scene they found heavy smoke damage in the shop, but the storage area and a bathroom were the hardest hit by last night's fire.

Trahan says after investigating officials determined that a faulty exhaust fan in the bathroom below the company's storage area is the reason for the fire.

Firefighters got to the scene and found smoke coming from the big bay doors at auto repair shot, and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

With the assessment, Trahan says there was moderate fire damage in that bathroom below the storage area, and the storage area itself was damaged by the fire.

Smoke spread to several areas of the business including their office and out into the workshop area of the auto repair shop.

Thankfully there were no injuries to report as all of the people who work at the business had gone home for the night, having left at around 6 o'clock in the evening Tuesday.

Because of the malfunction to the exhaust fan and light combination in the ceiling of the bathroom, materials that were in storage above that area were combustible, and investigators with the Lafayette Fire Department say they caught on fire. The cause of this fire has been labeled accidental.