Fire Engulfs A Lafayette Home
A fire was reported at 109 Roosevelt in Lafayette today just before 7:00 a.m. The Lafayette Fire Department showed up to find plenty of heavy smoke and flames coming out of the back portion of the house. Firefighters say that the fire quickly spread to the attic, and it took them about a half an hour to get the fire put out. Lafayette Arson Division Public Information Officer Alton Trahan says both the inside and outside of the home was very heavily damage by the blaze.
The Lafayette Fire Department reports that the home is owned by Robert St. Germain, but Elizabeth Blackwell is the person who has been living at the home for the past three months. Blackwell was not at home during this morning's fire.
Trahan says fire investigators determined that the fire originated in the kitchen of the dwelling near the stove and the dishwasher. He adds that the electrical components of both appliances are being examined.