Sleeping Child Found In Car With Man’s Drugs
The Abbeville Police Department arrested a man on multiple drug and traffic violations early this morning, and the officer also discovered this man's sleeping child in the car.
Public Information Officer Lieutenant Jonathan Touchet says, via press release, that Jordan Huntsberry had his child in the car with him, and the child was not in a car seat when Huntsberry took off fleeing from officers who were trying to conduct a traffic stop.
Huntsberry drove completely off of one side of the road, then when he realized police were following him, he did a u-turn in the middle of the roadway. His car hijinks weren't concluded though, as he sped into the parking lot of the Circle K where he decided to get out of his car to begin yelling at the officers.
After they detained him, they searched his car, and that is when they found the man's child in the backseat sleeping. They also found an AK47 rifle on the floorboard in the backseat as well.
The K9 officer recovered the following drugs from the car:
Huntsberry is facing multiple charges including the following:
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Schedule II Drugs
- Transactions Involving Drug Proceeds
- Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance in the Presence of Juvenile
- Possession of Schedule IV Drugs
- Possession of a Firearm in the Presence of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule II Drugs
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute Schedule I Drugs
- Felon In Possession of a Firearm
- Flight from an Officer
The man also has prior convictions.