Jeanerette Man Charged In New Iberia Homicide Case
Another person has been arrested in connection with the death of 17-year-old Garron Lewis.
The young man, son of Iberia Parish School Board member Raymond "Shoe-Do" Lewis, who was found shot to death in a car on August 16 of this year.
New Iberia Police Department Captain John Babin says that 24-year-old Bryson Johnlewis of Jeanerette, has been arrested in connection with this case.
Johnlewis is facing the following charges:
- One count of second degree murder
- One count of criminal conspiracy
- One count of aggravated criminal damage to property
- One count of carrying a firearm by a convicted felon
- One count of illegal use of a weapon or dangerous instrument
Babin says this investigation is still ongoing, and he says that more arrests in this case are possible.
Earlier this week, officials with the New Iberia Police Department announced at a press conference that they arrested 21-year-old Trevonce Bernard in connection with the case.
Bernard is facing a charge of second degree murder, and he's facing the following charges as well:
- Aggravated criminal damage to property
- Illegal use of a weapon
A vigil was held this week for the New Iberia Senior High Senior class student