Heave Fire Damage At A Lafayette Home
Firefighters were called out to the 100 block of Meadowlark Loop at around nine o'clock Saturday night to put out a fire at home there.
Lafayette Fire Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says, he and his fellow fire investigators, are looking into what started this fire.
His firefighters arrived to find severe fire damage to both the kitchen and laundry room of the home.
He says it took firefighters about fifteen minutes to bring the blaze under control. The fire caused severe fire and smoke damage to the dwelling.
Trahan says the owner of the home, who called in about the blaze, was outside when they arrived, and was not harmed. Unfortunately, the home owner lost one of his two dogs to the fire.
This fire will continue to be investigated according to Trahan.