At 9:42 am today the Lafayette Fire Department received numerous 911 calls regarding a house fire at the intersection of Evangeline Thruway and Hobson Street. Firefighters had the fire contained within fifteen minutes but the home sustained heavy fire damage. Jonathon Henry and his four children were not home at the time of the fire. The family had just moved into the home this past Sunday. Investigators determined the fire started in a bedroom where a candle had been left burning. The fire was ruled accidental.

More From News Talk 96.5 KPEL